Women in Horror: A Look at the Ladies Crafting the Worlds of Fear!
- What first drew you into the world of horror?
My mom. She was always watching horror films when I was a kid and I would watch them with her even if they scared me. I was about 5 years old when I first started watching them. When I had slumber parties I would rent stacks of them and we would watch them all night. When I was about 11 years old I started writing scripts that I wanted to send to Wes Craven and hoped he would cast me as the star. I obviously never sent them but I knew I wanted to act in horror films.
- What film/book/show was the biggest influence on you?
A Nightmare on Elm Street. That was the first horror movie I saw, the first one that scared me, and the first horror icon I loved. Also, Johnny Depp was in it. I love Johnny Depp!
- What actor/director/writer do you consider your biggest influence?
Directors and writers I look up to are Wes Craven and Rob Zombie. Actors are Robert Englund and Sherri Moon Zombie. I look up to a lot of people in horror so it’s really hard to choose just one.
- Who would you consider to be your horror twin?
I don’t really know if I have a twin but I like any woman in a horror movie who is tough and kicks ass and fights until the end. I know I would fight until the death.
- What do you think you would you be doing if you weren’t involved with the horror community?
Writing. I am a published author and I love writing as much as I love horror
- Plug some of your past, present, and upcoming projects.
Axe To Grind Part 2 (upcoming)
Amityville Hex (Upcoming)
Dark Web: Mystery Box
Ultra Violent Machine’s Love Her to Death music video
- Where do you like folks to follow you on social media?
- Where can folks find your work?
Dark Web: Mystery Box: https://youtu.be/fN14m7COVgI
COVID 2024: https://youtu.be/0NZibC07D3w
Love Her to Death music video: https://youtu.be/U_fZzikwmn8
Broken Halo Blood Curse: https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Curse-Paranormal-Romance-Broken/dp/1661933424
- Which horror icon would you most/least like to go up against?
I would love to go up against Freddy Krueger in a movie. Just because I’m a Fred head for life and that would be a “dream” come true lol. But in real life, it would be a nightmare since you can’t sleep or you die. If I had to choose someone to go up against in real life I’d say Ghost Face since he’s a person and you have a chance.
Least like to go up against would be Leather Face. Chainsaws scare the shit out of me.
Honestly, if I had to go up against any of the icons my odds wouldn’t be too good.
- Any advice for young ladies aspiring to become involved in the horror community?
Just keep trying and don’t give up ever. It’s taken me YEARS of trying and trying to finally have opportunities opening up.
- Who is on your Horror Mt. Rushmore? This can be actors, writers, directors, characters, etc.
Dracula (Gary Oldman)