Women in Horror: A Look at the Ladies Crafting the Worlds of Fear!
Erin Marie Garrett
- What first drew you into the world of horror?
I’ve been an actor/entertainer since I was a kid, so anything and everything about fantasy and fiction has always been exciting to me.
The horror realm is especially beautiful because of the level of work that goes into creating the fantasy. Working with a team that can bend reality on screen and create a believable story is a true art.
- What film/book/show was the biggest influence on you?
There’s not really 1 particular thing that was a singular influence, but most of it started with monster movies for me. It’s always the villain that draws me in. If I find myself “angry” at the villain, then that actor has done their job to perfection. Being able to cause viewers to despise you, means you have sucked them so far into the story that they no longer realize they are “watching a movie”.
- What actor/director/writer do you consider your biggest influence?
Helen Miren, Anthony Hopkins, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Chastain, Christian Bale, and Tom Hardy are some of my top favorites that really inspire me. They each have their own style but have a knack for making their characters iconic. And I’d give my left arm to be able to work with Patty Jenkins, Michael Bay, Stephen King, and Guillermo Del Toro!
- Who would you consider to be your horror twin?
I don’t know, but I’d love some suggestions!
- What do you think you would you be doing if you weren’t involved with the horror community?
Still working in film/tv/entertainment. It’s my oxygen and without art, I couldn’t breathe.
- Plug some of your past, present, and upcoming projects.
Most recently I wrapped Midnight Devils, Baphomet, and The Harrowing. My upcoming projects are Axe 2 Grind, The Last Saint of Market Street, and 2 other SAG projects that are still under a hush-hush status…
- Where do you like folks to follow you on social media?
Instagram is where I am most – @emariegarrett
- Where can folks find your work?
IMDb and also my website erinmariegarrett.com.
- Which horror icon would you most/least like to go up against?
I’ll take Jack Torrance or Hannibal Lecter. Mind games are my favorite…
- Any advice for young ladies aspiring to become involved in the horror community?
Work with an acting coach, get involved in local groups and utilize social media to connect and find out about local film projects, and play with some prop blood. Haha!
- Who is on your Horror Mt. Rushmore? This can be actors, writers, directors, characters, etc.
Guillermo Del Toro, Stephen King, Anthony Hopkins, and of course the original bad-boy, Bela Lugosi
2 Comments on "Women in Horror: A Look at the Ladies Crafting the Worlds of Fear!"