WOMEN IN HORROR: A Month-Long Look into the Ladies Crafting the Worlds of Fear! Day Nineteen – Chloe Carroll!
1. What first drew you into the world of horror?
Ever since I can remember I just always loved films. I was always watching them, normally the same ones over and over and they were almost always horror films. I was watching a movie (Can’t remember which one) when I was a kid and it got pretty gory and my dad said: “It’s only ketchup, Chloe.” From then on, I never viewed any on-screen gore as it was supposed to be seen. Instead, I watched it all as fake ketchup and prosthetics, which drew me into how horror was created on screen.
2. What film/book/show was the biggest influence on you?
My favorite film as a child was ‘Deep Blue Sea’ I was obsessed with this movie! I used to have it on VHS and would watch it over and over again. Used to love The Mummy also. Then as I got older it became ’Nightmare On Elm Street’. I just love how creative the story is and how Wes craven took ’Sleep’ something everyone has to do and made them frightened of it.
3. What actor/director/writer do you consider your biggest influence?
Wes Craven. I think his stories are so creative.
4. Who would you consider to be your horror twin? – Think about a character in a film or book that makes you think “That would totally be me, I’d do that”.
Wednesday Addams. My dad actually used to call me Wednesday as a kid.
5. What do you think you would you be doing if you weren’t involved with the horror community?
Acting in less awesome genres 😀
6. Plug some of your past, present, and upcoming projects.
I have created a bunch of short horror film that you can check out on the FEAR CRYPT youtube page here:
And my latest feature film THE HONEYMOON PHASE which is a Sci-Fi/Horror is premiering In Philadelphia in November, you can read more about the film here:
7. Where do you like folks to follow you on social media?
8. Where can folks find your work?
9. Any advice for young ladies aspiring to become involved in the horror community?
Create as much horror art as you can, whether that be film, paintings, SFX, etc.
10. Who is on your Horror Mt. Rushmore? This can be actors, writers, directors, characters.
Wes Craven, Guillermo Del Toro, Freddy Kruger, Jack Torrance