WOMEN IN HORROR: A Month-Long Look into the Ladies Crafting the Worlds of Fear! Day Eleven – Dee Wallace!
- What first drew you into the world of horror?
I wanted to work! The Hills Have Eyes was the first full-length picture offered to me after a religious film.
2. What film/book/show was the biggest influence on you?
I would have to say a toss-up between E.T. and Cujo. E.T. showed me I could be a major player in the business, and Cujo showed me I could conquer anything with integrity and truthfulness.
3. What actor/director/writer do you consider your biggest influence?
Probably Peter Jackson. He was kind, brilliant, and treated everyone with great respect.
4. Who would you consider to be your horror twin?
I think they got aborted, lol!
5. What do you think you would you be doing if you weren’t involved with the horror community?
What I am doing now in my healing work.
6. Plug some of your past, present, and upcoming projects.
I love my character in 3 From Hell, and the upcoming Christmas in Louisiana for Lifetime. My best performance, by far? Cujo.
7.Where do you like folks to follow you on social media?
Instagram: @thedeewallace Twitter: @Dee_Wallace Facebook: facebook.com/DeeWallaceOfficialFB
8. Where can folks find your work?
My website is Iamdeewallace.com.
9. Which horror icon would you most/least like to go up against?
Most: Anthony Hopkins. Least: Any porno-horror.
10. Any advice for young ladies aspiring to become involved in the horror community?
Be authentic. If you can’t really scream, cry and emote from a place of honesty, go do something else.
11. Who is on your Horror Mt. Rushmore? This can be actors, writers, directors, characters, etc.
Vincent Price, The Exorcist, and Emily Blunt for A Quiet Place